I am Laura, a very excited 26 year old bride to be, marrying the beautiful Tom on bonfire night 2011. Since our engagement in August 2009 my life has become increasingly overrun with all things wedding. My fiance might possibly use the word “obsessed.” Not like that’s a bad thing, it just means our day is going to be extra special! Tom and I got together on Valentine’s Day 3 years ago after meeting and becoming best friends at university in 2003. Us getting together on the big V-Day was a coincidence might I add, however, the powers of cupid worked their magic and here we are. How romantic!
We live together in our newly bought house on the outskirts of Hull in East Yorkshire although Tom is a West Yorkshire man at heart, Wakefield to be precise. Who’d’ve thought East and West could unite?! I am also a proud mummy of two cats – Tilly and Phoebe – and we also have a new addition to our family, golden labrador puppy Daisy. As you can imagine, my fiance isn’t very happy at our house being over run by females but he secretly wouldn’t have it any other way!
- I love cheese, pizza, music, New Zealand, Ribena and films from the 80s.
- I have an extremely inappropriate sense of humour.
- I wish Dr Frank-n-furter was a real person.
- I want to be best friends with Brendan from Coach Trip.
- I am totally mad about the TV programme Nip/Tuck.
- I cannot bear onions or peppers.
- I love (good) tattoos.
- Tom and I share a mutual passion for Les Mis and Moulin Rouge (although he would kill me if he knew I’d told you that!)
I work in mental health so as you can imagine, the wedding world is literally at the other end of the spectrum and is a great world for me to get lost in whenever I am not at work. I am going to take great pleasure in writing this blog as a diary of all of my wedding related ideas. I hope you enjoy sharing my thoughts and feelings on my blog as we approach our big day. You can also follow me on twitter @MrsLouPops. Come and say hi! xxx